Saturday, January 30, 2016

First blog post by Erik L.

My name is Erik and I always struggle with writing and reading growing being  youngest of four sons in the family and had the belief that I had to match my brothers  and not go on my own pace.It took me a significant amount of time to understand that and towards how I go about literature if it is  interpreting it or understanding what it means to me but most importantly to others as well.This allowed me to be open-minded and always be determine to not be satisfied with one answer to a question I am Ecuadorian and my family grew up from humble upbringings achieve the american dream  in the United states but I only say “humble” because it is euphemism  of the 3rd world uneducated poor individuals who had to spent their time doing gritty work ,rather than have the educational experiences me and my brothers , to be successful .Education was so important to my family and my father always ingrained and recite to me and my brothers   “I don't want you to do what I did growing up” .
   

   I been cooking for two years  and experiment creating new recipes so anything I do read are from articles or books about cooking but recently in the summer I have read some essays in “The Best American Essays of the Century” by editor Joyce Carol Oates and co editor Robert Atwan and I learned how some of the authors of these essays conveyed their ideas through writing. I also try to inform myself with any political inquiries day by day because it helps me understand the society I live and how it changes day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment