Thursday, February 11, 2016

Titus is cool, I might just be cooler...

This book is a lot different than what I am used too. I believe that this novel really does give me a different feel to reading, I am throughly enjoying it and getting a great experience out of it.

It's like me and Titus are bros and think a like, word. 
I feel like the protagonist, Titus reminds me of myself. Throughout the reading so far I can see that he and his friends are rich and popular. They only worry about having a good time and not really focusing on bettering themselves in life. I see Titus as being someone different though, the way he acts is much different than of his friends and it shows a whole other side of him. I really think he began to show these differences after he meet Violet on the moon. She was seen as Titus to be different. Titus needed someone like Violet to change his perception on his outlook on life. I feel like he needed to express himself and Violet was the a main key to this change occurring. When he first met her he seemed to be so infatuated with her. Titus said, “ She was wearing a dress of gray wool….Gray wool. Black stockings” (Anderson 17) . This really showed how interested he was in getting to know her. It’s weird to say, but this demonstrates how intriguing she was to him even though she isn’t even showing cleavage. Let’s be honest no man pays attention to the women’s clothing unless it’s revealing. 

I feel like I can relate to Titus because he is different than everyone else, he makes it known in the novel with the way he acts. I act the same way in life. I hate being the same or following the same things in life, I like being different. I believe this opens up my mind to interesting and adventurous people and unique opportunities. If you are so caught up in yourself you will never really know what life is all about. 

At the same time I have a whole other feel on Titus. When he begins to talk to Violet about the moon he acts like the moon is no biggie and that it is just something he does on a regular basis. He seemed kind of stuck up and much different from when he was examining Violet. 

I can also relate how he acts to how I grew up. When I was in middle school I was always worried about fitting in and staying in the popular group. I tried my best to stay up with the latest fads/trends. Once high school came I approached it differently. I still kept the same friends, but was much more open to so many other people. I played football in high school and I had and made some awesome friends throughout my time playing. Some of  those friends that I grew up with were always uptight with letting new people into our friend group. I thought that it would be good to socialize  with different people just like how Titus met Violet. Some friends last lifetimes. Having friends that all are not the same creates an amazing experience and broadens your horizons. 
Titus is somewhat the same, I would say he has a more capabilities more so than his friends. I would not say he is smarter than them, just more curious and has a better understanding of the world around him. I am curious as well and always think about different things on and off topic. I feel like it is apart of me like it is apart of Titus. I believe he wants to be different than everyone else or many have different feelings? They are all so caught up in the feed you can not see the difference between one another. 

It is like when you connect with some people on different levels, things that really affect one another. When Titus speaks with Violet in the Hospital on the moon you can tell they have a different relationship. Titus says “I looked over at her face. I could see the light from my heartbeat on her tears” (Anderson 53) . I feel like they made a connection here when Titus saw this. It was something that was very big in their friendship. They really got to know each other while sitting in the hospital beds, you could tell that both of them were much more mature than the rest of the gang. 
I feel like if I was in Titus’ shoes I would act the same way with Violet, I find that different people are awesome. He knew something was special about her and he just really wanted to know her and get to understand her for who she is. I think it is a very pivotal moment in their relationship/friendships when Violet tells Titus that she has not fully recovered from the hack. I could sense through the text that It really affect her, being able to speak about the situation with Titus. If it were not for Titus she would have never been able to talk about something like this with the girls because they would not understand her and how she felt. 
Titus really does do a nice job at being a good guy so far in this read and it really is paying off for him. I hope that he does not change and turn into some asshole. I am very used to books that change my mind like that and ultimately ruin the book for me. 

Your A1 Blogger, Chris S. 

Reference Cited:

Anderson, M. T. Feed. Cambridge, MA: Candlewick, 2002. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment